The Lodge of St. John 6320
As part of the centenary Celebration of the Lodge of Honour 526 it was decided to form a new Lodge “The Lodge of St. John” named after the association Members had with the Church of St. John in Wolverhampton. The first Chaplin Bro. Rev J Hartill being the local Minister.
The Lodge was consecrated on the 27th of November 1946 by R.W.Bro the Rt.Hon. The Earl of Dartmouth Provincial Grand Master of Staffordshire assisted by numerous acting Provincial Officers. Candidates were forthcoming and it wasn’t till October 1980 that there was to be a meeting without a ceremony.
The Lodge Banner was designed by the Wolverhampton School of Art at a cost of five Guineas being dedicated on the 24th of March 1950 by the Earl of Dartmouth. All the founders progressed to the Chair.
By April 1951 the Lodge had completed its qualification as a Vice President of the Royal Masonic Benevolent Institution. The 250th meeting was reached in March 1978 and the Lodge celebrated the first 50 years in October 1996 and up to this time only one Past Master had repeated a second year in office.